General Engineering / fitting & turning
Traditional engineering practice encompasses a variety of fitting, turning, bending and material preparation techniques. Formerly the backbone of the engineering industry, these techniques have lost popularity due to the advent of CNC machinery and automation.
However, the benefits of such techniques cannot be understated in quick and flexible short run production. Hand-On industries can complete general engineering tasks to a high level of quality, leaning on years of aircraft industry experience and a large array of machinery to complete tasks of any complexity, scale and scope.
Quality and accuracy are achieved in all general engineering tasks completed by Hand-On Industries.
General engineering Machines
Metal Forming |
Cutting & Drilling |
4 Axis CNC, EDM Wire cutting, Band saw, Miter Saw, Drop Saw & More
Material Preparation |
Sand Blasting, Vibratory Finishing, Linishing, Grinding & More
combination of processes
- Combinations of processes can produce complex assemblies and components.
- All jobs are considered.
- New processes and techniques developed.
- Hand-On can utilise traditional turning, milling and bending techniques.
- 90 years of engineering experience.
- Consideration given to relative complexity vs requirements.
Flexible & Adaptable
- Utilise quickly adaptable machines to improve lead times.
- Experience in tooling and fixturing allows for quick adjustments.
- Industry experience ensures appropriate quality controls.