5 axis edm-wire cutting
EDM (Electro Discharge Machining) Wire Cutting involves cutting profiles in conductive materials using thin brass wire [0.1-0.25 mm]. EDM is a highly accurate process and is used for high precision engineering applications.
Hand-On Industries operates a Sodick VL400Q, a fully submerged linear drive EDM Wire Cutter that has taper cut and 5th axis capabilities.
Utilising innovative fixturing and precision prepared blanks, Hand-On Industries can create a vast array of wire cut parts that will surpass client’s expectations.
Worktable Area |
x | 400 mm
Y | 300 mm
Z | 220 mm
Taper Angle | ± 15 °
Wire Diameter | 0.1 – 0.25 mm
Linear Tolerance | < ± 0.01 mm
- Utilise DXF code to generate 2-dimensional tool paths.
- Can cut very tight profiles (0.05mm corner radius).
- Shapes cut to < ± 0.01 mm tolerance.
Taper cut profile
- 15° taper from vertical.
- Ability to cut compound profiles (e.g. a square hole to round hole).
- Ability to cut 3-dimensional components.
indexing head | 5th Axis
- Mounted component is rotated on indexer.
- Highly precise 3-dimensional shapes.